Makes 1 loaf
- 125 g butter, at room temperature
- 200 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 large ripe bananas
- 125 ml (½ cup) NutriDay Plain Yoghurt
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 5 ml (1 tsp) cinnamon
- 250 g cake flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup (approximately 100 g) chopped pecan nuts
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC and line a standard loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one a time, and beat well.
- Mash the bananas and add them to the bowl along with the NutriDay yoghurt, vanilla and cinnamon and mix well.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and pecan nuts.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan and place in the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.