- 1 kg chicken mince
- 7.5 ml (1½ tsp) Moroccan spice
- 2.5 ml (½ tsp) paprika
- a handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- 60 ml (4 Tbsp) canola oil
- 180 ml (¾ cup) NutriDay Double Cream Plain Yoghurt
- a third of a cucumber, thinly sliced
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) chopped fresh mint
- 10 ml (2 tsp) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4-6 pita breads, warmed
- 125 ml (½ cup) hummus
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 small tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Place the chicken mince in a large bowl and add the Moroccan spice, paprika, fresh coriander and half a teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt. Season to taste with pepper.
- Mix together well and roll into small round meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the meatballs, in batches, over a medium heat, until crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the yoghurt, cucumber, mint and lemon juice in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Split open the warm pita breads and spread the inside of each one with hummus. Add the chicken meatballs and top with lettuce, tomato, red onion and the cucumber/yoghurt sauce.
- Tips: You can use wraps instead of pita breads. For a tropical twist, try adding fresh pineapple and feta cheese.